2018-2019 Season Review: In Numbers

The end-of-season tradition. We look at the same statistics year-on-year and compare and contrast.

Final League Position and Points
16th place with 40 points. 13 fewer points than last season. :-(

Home League Record
5 wins, 3 draws, 11 defeats - only one more win at home than last season but more defeats.

Away League Record
6 wins, 7 draws, 6 defeats.

Goals Scored (in all competitions)
78 in total - only 28 at home and the other 50 away!

Goals Conceded (in all competitions)
92 in total - 37 at home and 55 away.

Goals Scored Half-by-Half (in all competitions)
35 in the first half; 43 in the second half

Top Scorer
Rhys Clooney

Photo 30-03-2019, 15 33 09.jpg

Biggest Win
13-0 v Stone Dominoes (away), Hallmark Security League First Division South

Heaviest Defeat
0-7 v Sandbach United (home), Hallmark Security League First Division South

Most Consecutive Wins
3 - from the 4-0 win away at Barnton near the start of the season to the 3-2 home win v Eccleshall on August Bank Holiday Monday that took us top of the table….

Most Consecutive Games Unbeaten
6 - the run leading up to Christmas from the 2-2 draw away at Vauxhall Motors to the 1-1 draw at Abbey Hulton United after which the season started to unravel…..

Most Consecutive Games Without a Win
8 - the horrible run that took us to the season’s end, from the 0-3 home defeat v Barnton to the final day of the season.

League Doubles
3 - Wythenshawe Amateurs, Stone Dominoes, Ellesmere Rangers

Percentage of League Points Gained by Venue
42% at home and the remaining 58% away

League Points Gained as a Percentage of Total Points Possible
38% - a drop from last season’s 42%

Impact of Cheadle Scoring or Conceding First
Yet again this is quite telling where Cheadle Town FC are concerned. If we score first then we are more than likely to get something out of the match. Take a look….

WHEN WE SCORED FIRST....

WHEN WE CONCEDED FIRST...