The 2014-15 Season: In Numbers

So, what did the season look like from a statistical point of view? A bit of number-crunching for those who like that kind of thing....

Final League Position and Points
10th place with 46 points, exactly the same number as last season!

Home League Record
6 wins, 4 draws, 8 defeats

Away League Record
7 wins, 3 draws, 8 defeats

Goals Scored
73 in total; 37 at home, 36 away

Goals Conceded
80 in total; 39 at home, 41 away - we’d conceded 95 last season, so good to see an improvement there!

Goals Scored Half-by-Half
42 in the first half, 31 in the second

Top Scorer
Nathan Neequaye with 23. Nearest to him was James Horan...with 10.

Biggest Win
8-1 v Wigan Robin Park (home), North West Counties Division One

Heaviest Defeat
0-5 v Winford United, FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round

Most Consecutive Wins
3 - from the 2-1 home win v Atherton LR to the 3-1 home win over Oldham Boro in March

Most Consecutive Games Unbeaten
5 - from the 3-0 win v Wigan Robin Park in January to the 2-2 draw v AFC Darwen in mid-February

Most Consecutive Games Without a Win
7 - the post-Russia slump, from the 3-5 home defeat v Widnes to the loss on penalties v Hanley Town in the First Division Trophy

League Doubles
Just 3 - Litherland REMYCA, Wigan Robin Park and Oldham Boro. We’d managed 6 last season.

Percentage of League Points Gained by Venue
48% at home and the remaining 52% away

League Points Gained as a Percentage of Total Points Possible
43% - exactly the same as last season!

Anything Else?
The age-old stat about our results being determined on who scores first. We went on to win or draw i.e get a result from a massive 82% of the games in which we scored first…but went on to lose 73% of the games in which we conceded first.

We were slow starters this season; of the 73 goals we netted, only 5 were in the first 15 minutes of matches.

Another “dead spot” for Cheadle goals was midway through the second half; only 6 netted between the 60th and 75th minutes this season

We finished first halves strongly; the majority of our goals were scored in the last 15 minutes before the break