Cheadle Town 4-0 Daisy Hill

Daisy Hill must be sick of Park Road. Before this game they had only one win in their last ten visits in all competitions. Now it's eleven.

They had their chances to alter that particular stat in the first half and could be kicking themselves that they didn't take them and hence get some sort of a foothold in a game that eventually ran away from them and then some.

All of the early running in this match was done by us with a series of half-chances and corners with Luke Hincks the first to force the Daisy keeper into a stop after 15 minutes.

It was at this point that Daisy had their chances. Just two minutes later a cross from the left found one of their strikers totally unmarked at the far post but he side-footed wide, with their no9 then going on a counter-attack, cutting inside on the right and curling an effort agonisingly wide with Piggott well beaten.

We then responded with some chances of our own.

On 22 minutes Rick Whyatt sent in a teasing cross from the right for James Horan but the latter just couldn't reach it. Ten minutes later Chris Sherrington sent one in from the left for an awaiting Rick at the far post but he was denied at the last by a good challenge; from the resulting corner Luke Pearson forced the keeper to tip over the bar.

On 37 minutes, the breakthrough. Darrhyl Mason broke on the right and sent in a cross that spun up into the air off a Daisy leg; Rick Whyatt was given time to control the ball, turn and hammer home from close range.

Rick Whyatt puts us 1-0 up

Rick Whyatt puts us 1-0 up

A minute later and all manner of chaos in the Cheadle area as Steve Piggott was stranded after coming out to deal with danger; thankfully Michael Birch was on hand to eventually deny the Daisy player from netting into an unguarded net.

Michael should then have added to the lead shortly before half-time, but he somehow headed wide at the far post when latching onto a cross.

We then went on to completely dominate the second half with the game being wrapped up with a three-goal salvo in ten minutes.

On 62 minutes Jonathan McLaughlin's sheer perseverance saw him with a shooting chance on the edge of the area, one which he took with a rasping drive that the keeper couldn't hold.

Two substitutions then had a profound effect on the game with both netting within five minutes of being introduced.

First of all Kevin Vieira benefitted from Mason's good work on the left to tuck home from close range with Thabiso Magida firing home from the angle on 72 minutes to give us a more-than-healthy lead.

'Spanish Kev' wheels away after giving us a 3-0 lead

'Spanish Kev' wheels away after giving us a 3-0 lead

Five games, two wins, three draws and plenty of goals. All good thus far. Onto this coming Saturday and a tough fixture at Litherland REMYCA.