2015-2016 Season Review: In Numbers

Final League Position and Points
6th place with 56 points; 10 more points than last season and 4 places better off

Home League Record
6 wins, 4 draws, 7 defeats

Away League Record
10 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats

Goals Scored
102 in total: 44 at home, 58 away. A massive +29 goals scored on last season.

Goals Conceded
80 in total: 36 at home, 44 away. Exactly the same number conceded as last season!

Goals Scored Half-by-Half
47 in the first half, the remaining 55 in the second

Top Scorer
Liam Tongue with 20. Over half of them scored in the last 9 games of the campaign! Incredible.

Biggest Win
10-1 v Atherton LR at home, North West Counties Division One

Heaviest Defeat
We never lost a game by more than 3 goals. The instances were:
* 0-3 v Rochdale Town at home, North West Counties Division One
* 3-6 v Tranmere Rovers at home, Cheshire Senior Cup 2nd Round
* 1-4 v Irlam (away), North West Counties Division One
* 1-4 v Barnton (away), Play-Off Semi-Final

Most Consecutive Wins
A run of 3 was achieved on 3 occasions:
* From the 1-0 win at Chadderton to the 2-0 home win v Widnes in October
* From the 4-1 win at Whitchurch Alport to the 3-0 home win v Bacup Borough in November/December
* The last three games of the season, from the 3-0 away win at Northwich Manchester Villa to the 6-2 away win v Rochdale Town

Most Consecutive Games Unbeaten
A run of 5 unbeaten was achieved twice:
* The first five games of the season, from the 5-5 draw at Bacup Borough to the 4-0 win at home v Daisy Hill
* From the 4-1 win at Atherton LR to the 2-0 home win v Widnes in October

Most Consecutive Games Without a Win
6 - the horrendous start to the new year that almost derailed everything, from the 1-2 home defeat to Ashton Town through to the 2-2 draw at Hanley Town

League Doubles
4 - Atherton LR, Daisy Hill, Whitchurch Alport and Eccleshall

Percentage of League Points Gained by Venue
Quite a contrast here: 39% at home and the remaining 61% away!

League Points Gained as a Percentage of Total Points Possible
55% - a massive improvement on last season's 43%!

Impact of Cheadle Scoring or Conceding First in a Game
Perhaps the most telling statistic of them all. This has been a trait of ours for the past three or four seasons now; as you can clearly see in the graphs below, us scoring first means that we are more likely to come away from the game with a result.

What Happened When We SCORED First?

What Happened When We CONCEDED First?

The Timing of Scoring and Conceding
One thing to note here is the similarity between both charts. The fact that we score a lot of goals late on could be deemed as encouraging...but we also concede a lot late on and all.

When Did We SCORE in Our Games?

...and When Did We CONCEDE in Our Games?