Cheadle Town 2-2 Chadderton

We still haven't managed to set the world alight with our home form, yet.

We were wasteful at times in front of goal for this one and yet grateful for the presence of Danny Whiting between the sticks who came up with some key saves when it mattered. All things considered, a draw was probably a fair result.

And one that we should be happy with. Chadderton were better than their 14th place would suggest, stroking the ball around comfortably and gaving us plenty to think about.

We put a shot across their bows as early as the first minute - Rick Whyatt hammering a Jake Ambrose cross over the bar - but for the next 15 minutes or so the visitors easily had the better of it.

They got Danny Whiting working early, forcing him to palm away an awkward daisy cutter on the 6th minute and then getting our defence to put in a series of blocks as they worked their way into our penalty area shortly afterwards.

Alas, as the 19th minute ticked over, and in the blink of an eye, we were 1-0 up.

Mike Sherrington collected a loose ball on the halfway line before using his pace to power forward, draw the keeper and finish from the edge of the box.

It was then our turn to dominate.

A minute later Rick Whyatt shot over after a rebound fell to his feet on the edge of the box with a glorious chance to go 2-0 up then wasted shortly after; Mike Sherrington seeing a close-range shot saved with George Clarey somehow firing the rebound wide.

Liam Delaney tried his luck from range and George Clarey caused all sorts of chaos with a well-delivered ball from the right before the pendulum swung once again and Chadderton were level: the ball was cut back from the right to find Luke Heron at the far post, his shot being too powerful for those stood on the line.

Chadderton went on to finish the half the stronger. Danny Whiting made two more excellent saves, the latter of which from a snap shot in the box that he will have seen late, with a last-ditch tackle preventing them taking the lead on the stroke of half-time.

Start of second half, start of another Cheadle spell, one which would see us re-take the lead.

Just three minutes into the restart a corner in from the left was spilled by the Chadderton keeper to the feet of Luke Hincks who swivelled and swept it home from close range.

Just five minutes later Mike Sherrington saw a shot spin off a defender and straight to the feet of George Clarey on the left who looked set to score but was denied by an excellent stop from the onrushing keeper.

On 63 minutes Chadderton struck the crossbar and it heralded another dominant period from the visitors. They drew level once more on the 68th minute when Aaron Holton danced his way to the edge of the area before drilling low to Whiting's right.

The match continued to ebb and flow as both sides went for the win.

Mike Sherrington forced a save from a tight angle, Chadderton then side-netted from a good position, saw a free-kick whistle just wide of Whiting's post, Rob Brocklehurst placed a free-kick of his own over the bar and Danny Jones sent in a skidding cross from the right which caused all manner of mayhem after the keeper had parried it but had nobody to slam it into the net.

And then, with a minute remaining and the match well-and-truly in "next goal wins" territory, the final act from our very own Danny Whiting, somehow managing to keep a point-blank header out with an excellent reflex stop.

Onto Saturday and the visit of Oswestry Town.....

TEAM: Whiting, Dunn, Fleming (Shaw), Delaney, Brocklehurst, Harrison, Ambrose, Hincks, M Sherrington, Whyatt (Jones), Clarey. SUBS: Shaw, Jones, C Sherrington, Russell, Piggott (gk)