Rylands 1-3 Cheadle Town

As you may or may not know we have had a problem in the past with managing to get results if we have conceded first. Hopefully this match - won on the back of a second-half performance that was in stark contrast to the first - is an indication of us breaking that bad habit on a more frequent basis.

That first half was a truly woeful affair with only the hosts' penalty to speak of. That came on the 39th minute and was converted by Stuart Wellstead.

Up until then very little happened. Stuart Morrison easily stopped a Rylands attack early doors, Remeece Brown could have made something of a pass but slipped at the final moment and Morrison was called-upon again but not really troubled.

Tom Ratican gets his tackle in

Tom Ratican gets his tackle in

It needed to improve drastically - from both teams to be honest - and it was us who grabbed the game by the horns and killed it dead with a three-goal salvo in the space of six minutes.

The signs that we had decided to up our game were there as early as the 50th minute. Callum Knight scampered down the left and pulled back for Rhys Webb only for his effort to be hacked off the line by the keeper's feet.

Five minutes later and we were in front. Liam Delaney sending in a high, hanging cross from the right that found Callum Knight at the far post to head home.

Add two minutes on and Joe Neild would be given the opportunity to keep his scoring streak going after we were awarded a penalty; Joe duly obliged by blasting the penalty home to turn the match on its head.

Add another three minutes and Remeece Brown delivers a teasing cross from the right which is met by Rhys Webb who sends a gorgeous looping header into the far corner to give us a two-goal cushion.

Ben Christopher - seemingly everywhere (except as goalkeeper)

Ben Christopher - seemingly everywhere (except as goalkeeper)

In the blink of an eye the game had changed.

The only work that Rylands gave Stuart Morrison to do in the second half was to collect a header from a corner on 75 minutes.

At 3-1 up we managed the game well and carved out a couple more opportunities of our own. Tom Russell slid Rhys Webb in down the left but his effort was deflected wide and substitute Rick Whyatt had a shot saved when put in by the ever-industrious Ben Christopher.

In the end a comfortable win and a great base from which to launch the Bank Holiday weekend programme. Eccleshall were up next at Park Road.....

TEAM: Morrison, Neild, Ratican, Delaney, Dunn, Devlin (Russell), Brown (Abreu), Hincks, Webb, Christopher, Knight (Whyatt). SUBS: Russell, Whyatt, Abreu, Whiting (gk).

Job done!

Job done!