Oswestry Town 2-1 Cheadle Town

Cheadle Town failed to capitalise on their chances and possession as hosts FC Oswestry Town claimed all three points on a cold afternoon in Shropshire.
In similar fashion to the reverse fixture at Park Road Stadium back in August, it was Cheadle Town who had the majority the play throughout the first 45 minutes.
On 6 minutes, Michael Sherrington found space on the edge of the area but could only force his ling range effort wide of the post. Soon after on 9 minutes, a misfired shot from Liam Tongue found the feet of Rhys Webb who’s quick reaction could only guide the ball into the keepers arms.
Cheadle continued to press for the first goal and were denied on 16 minutes when Joseph Shaw received a corner at the back post and his powerful drive was well saved by the keeper.
FC Oswestry’s first real chance fell on 29 minutes when Dane Smith pulled off a good save with his legs and the subsequent shot was cleared off the line by Matthew Todd.
Webb then was presented with another opportunity on 37 minutes when he was played through on the left where his shot from an angle hit the side netting.
HT: FC Oswestry Town 0 Cheadle Town 0
FC Oswestry took an early second half lead on 49 minutes when Brendon Price found space between the Cheadle defence to fire a low shot from 10 yards.
Cheadle were soon back in the game with an equaliser on 52 minutes when Sherrington trapped the ball on his chest and fire a low volley past the keeper from the edge of the area.
No sooner has Cheadle equalised, FC Oswestry forced Smith to make great block to prevent a goal.
FC Oswestry took the lead on 61 minutes when substitute David Hartshorn tapped home following a cross that eluded the Cheadle defence.
Sherrington had a chance on 75 minutes, but could not find a gap to fire home from close range.
Late on in the game, a melee players were involved in an altercation which resulted in FC Oswestry’s Hartshorn receiving a red card.
FT: FC Oswestry Town 2 Cheadle Town 1